Super. Natural.

Today was my first day of class at the Bethel School of Worship.  We started the day with, well, live worship music!  It was an amazing time of extended worship.  It felt like we were pressing in for God to breakthrough, and the leaders kept singing spontaneous prophetic song after song.  It was amazing and by the end if felt like we finally broke through something in the atmosphere.  We were jumping and dancing and singing "I'm not ashamed to act this way, because you will be praised!"  It felt like we were singing and dancing with the angels in worship.  One of the key things I learned today is if you want heaven to come to earth, create an atmosphere that is like heaven....and that is what we did this morning!

One of the reasons I came to Bethel was the sense of community and "down-to- earth"ness of this place.  While Bethel is becoming more widely known throughout the world, and Bethel music production is taking off, these people are totally real and human to me.  They remember where they came from. They have hobbies like hunting and shoe collecting.  Brian spoke about living a supernatural lifestyle, which is super   natural.  We are naturally doing life, and our life is worship.  It is a lifestyle of communing with God, and communing with each other.  We are family.  This is the type of culture that I want to cultivate at 2RC.  We are in a season of hiddenness (personally and as a church) and we need to appreciate these times because one day that might change.  Because if we don't learn how to strengthen ourselves in the Lord now, in the hidden season, we will not last long in coming seasons.  (1 Sam 30:6... also see Bill Johnson's Strengthening Yourself in the Lord).


The other major lesson I learned today was to refuse to be intimidated.  Let's be honest, I am surrounded by amazing people who are much more skilled that I am and know a lot more than me, but the truth is, there is no one who can love God like I do.  I am an original.  There is no one like me, and I was made to create a sound that no one else can make.  And just so you know, these claims are for you to make as well because it is true about every single person on earth!  Each person has a song in their DNA and there is a sound missing when you simply act as a copy!

I have definitely learned a ton and been stretched in many good ways today from jumping/dancing to voice lessons, and I am excited to be molded and stretched in new ways tomorrow!

4 comments:

  • Rhonda LaBatt | June 16, 2011 at 7:05 AM

    I love your report!! Thank you for representing Two Rivers!! We can't wait to see all of the wonderful things that God is/will be teaching you.
    Many blessings,
    the LaBatts

  • Anonymous | June 16, 2011 at 8:32 AM

    AND SO IT BEGINS!!! This is the Genesis of your story..I want to read more! I am so excited for you and can already sense that you know this decision to attend school there was ordered by God!
    So dance and jump and sing before the Lord,have a merry heart. Keep us informed so we can walk through it with you!, JoAnn Street

  • Brie | June 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM

    YES! Remember Dick S - the supernatural should be natural?! I am so stoked for you and how God has been ingraining this in us for many years - now even moreso :) We need it because our lives are so awesome and will touch so many for his glory!!

  • Anonymous | June 19, 2011 at 7:03 PM

    Awesome! I'm so excited for you!!! I really like what you mentioned about refusing to be intimidated - I'll have to take notes on that one! :) I just finished my application to BSSM for the fall yesterday. :) WOOT! - Lindsay